13262538

My wife is an alcoholic with mental health issues. I am increasingly

My wife is an alcoholic with mental health issues. I am increasingly concerned as to the welfare of the children. I own our house since before our mairage and wonder how I can have excluded
How old are the children?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Chandler is 15. Hayley is 18 next week.
The are step children and we have lived together 5 years
They talk regularly to their father in America and he is very concerned but wishes them to remain in the UK at least until their education is complete
Over the next 6 months they have GCSE and A levels coming up and I'm very concerned as to impact of mother's behaviour on the results
What has your wife actually done/
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She drinks secretly and then emerges to spend the evening drunk. She has done it in front of the children's friends causing great distressOnce or twice a week she becomes verbally aggressive and attacks me for things I have done to protect myself - such as taking from her credit cards on my account after she ran up substantial (£50-60,000) bills over the previous years
Has there been any physical violence?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No
Do you intend to issue divorce proceedings?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I would prefer not to at this time, the kids have endured enough conflict and I would like to give them some stability during the build up to their exams. Also I still hope that she will engage successfully with treatment
I simply want her removed so that we can live normally while she hopefully works out her problems. If by the summer the situation remains unmanageable then divorce will be an option
The strain is difficult for me, i have had significant time off work with the stress of it and am on prescription anti depresents
I am afraid that your wife has Matrimonial Home rights in the property and is entitled to live there so long as you are married unless there is a court order excluding her either as a result of violence or because a final financial order has been made.
I am afraid that what you have described is not sufficient to exclude her at this stage
Please ask if you need further details