13262538

I am in a court case with my ex-wife regarding adjustment of

Customer Question

I am in a court case with my ex-wife regarding adjustment of maintenance and support. The first hearing has been scheduled. the kids involved are 17 and 15.
It turns out that my ex has informed them about the case, and has been fear-mongering about the potential implications.
I was under the impression that per the practice directions neither she nor I are permitted to discuss anything about the case other than with our solicitor or a Mackenzie friend.
Can you clarify?
thx
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that whilst it is bad practise to do so there is no way she can be prevented from doing so - although technically showing them your Form E would be a breach of the rules - again hard to prevent in reality.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is no 'forbidden' by law?

No.
It is technically contempt of court to share the documentation but there is simply no way of preventing her from discussing it with the children short of an application under the Children Act
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what would be the basis for an application under the children act?

Technically it would be for a prohibited Steps Order - but given the ages of the children it will fail in any event as the court would not consider it appropriate to make an Order since any order would cease on the child's 16th birthday