13262538

I am in a procedure to ask for a variation of maintenance paymentThe

I am in a procedure to ask for a variation of maintenance payment
The lawyers of my ex wife demand that i also give them copies of the bank statements of my girlfriend. Is there any legal basis for this?
Are you currently co-habiting?
Have you claimed all of your household expense or only half of them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We are no co-habiting

I have claimed only my household expenses.

The reason in the letter is that I made transfers to her account. These were reimbursements for my travel expenses which had been charged to her credit card.

I guess my Q is whether the court can compel somebody who is not party to the case to hand over statements?

So they are asking for evidence that your girlfriend actually made these payments on your behalf.
Your girlfriend cannot be forced to produce the statements - but if you do not provide them then the court will assume that in fact that these were not reimbursements.
Please ask if you need further details