13262538

My Uncle has recently died. He never married or had children.

My Uncle has recently died. He never married or had children. He had a twin brother, my father. He made a will and left an expression of wishes letter for gifts to friends and charities. My father married my mother in 1964 who had two children from a previous marriage, aged 8 and 17 at marriage. My father has died, mother still lives. My uncles will leaves money to all three of these children, with the majority to myself. My half sister is threatening to contest the will to get her wishes in other matters. If the will is contested will the estate come totally to myself or split equally between the three of us?
Clare :

Clare :

Clare :

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Clare :

On what ground does your half sister think that she can oppose the Will?

Customer:

not sure if my reply reached you. I do not believe she is has any grounds to contest the will. my question is, if she did and was successful, would she get a third or nothing under intestate rules.

Clare :

Sorry for the delay.

Clare :

If the Will was indeed found to be void then assuming that she is not your father's biological or adopted daughter then she would inherit nothing at all

Clare :

I hope that this is what you wished to know

Customer:

thank you.... this clarifies matters for me