13262538

my six year old granddaughter lives with me under special guardianship.

Customer Question

my six year old granddaughter lives with me under special guardianship. her father wants her to stay overnight with him. i said didn't think was in the childs best interest.he does not agree.the father fills little ones head with bad things that upset her.says i am old and going to die and leave her.she sees things on screen that worry her zombies etc.bood scary stuff.she tells me and i take notes.he says he misses her lots and has spent money on bedroom for her and although has regular contact needs his daughter.i think its what the child needs .can he fight my decision i am caring for childs welfare..
What contact does he currently have?
What contact did Social Services suggest?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

social services suggested weekly. the timing is down to me.He wants sunday. so we agreed 10am till 3.30pm.does not always bother to turn up.sometimes sends a text after the event to say why not been.when he does take her he is always late back. no resin seems to be just because he can! little girl likes to go we do have problems at school with behaviour especially mondays tuesdays sometimes wednessday too.she says daddy says don't have to do stuff if don't want to! has had emotion therapy at school.has no contact with mum social sevices stopped that.dad is not a child. is 40yrs old.two other children.one has been adopted the other he is not alowed contact. i understand he maybe feels will lose this child too.but the idea is to keep her safe secure,happy with her welfare needs met. unfortunately dad accuses me of stealing his daughter. lots of resentment.i am not convinced staying over night is in childs best interest.am i within my rights to say no.not until she is more mature.can i do that? can he come back at me?he is very aggressive worries me. not seen any aggression towards the child. just very angry man

From all that you say there is no basis on which the father would be granted overnight contact at this stage if he applies to the court.
I would suggest that you offer to discuss in Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
what needs t happen before overnight contact begins
Please ask if you need further details