13262538

Clare, how much is my husband allowed to spend on other people

Clare, how much is my husband allowed to spend on other people before it comes under the money laundering or gift act of the UK?
Is it my right to apply for an interim payment, prior to a divorce and what chances are they of getting it?
What would the payment be for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He has bought his father from the UK a car that he is paying £500 per month. no doubt he will get away with that one.

I have only just received his bank account statements and one transfer is for £29k. I was under the impression that you can only give someone a gift of £3k per annum. anymore than that, you have to pay tax! and declare with the authorities. When I go through his bank statements more thoroughly, if you don't mind, I will get back to you.

The court originally ordered me not to go to the family home or the surrounding area, where as I said before to you,half the house was mine unencumbered. He was granted permission to reside at that house with our children. He has just recently rented a million pound house outside of town. Where do I stand concerning my original home, area and the Non-Molestation order in force? ( should I have put an a in that last word?!!!) Once again Clare thank you for your advice.

The £300- a year refers to Inheritance Tax.
As to how much he can give away the answer is as much as he likes BUT he cannot then say that you should have less than your entitlement as it was prior to the gifts!
Given his move this is a perfect time to challenge the Order so that you can move back home and start having the children more often
Are there any mainland solicitors who do business on the Island?