13262538

i am in a court case with my ex-wife to obtain an adjustment

i am in a court case with my ex-wife to obtain an adjustment to maintenance payments
My income situation changed substantially in october which is when I filed the forms and started the case.
The first hearing is only on jan 12.
Can the court adjust my payments retro-actively? If not, what can I do to expedite matters?
Why did your income situation change?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

clare - you have answered a lot of qs on this subject for me already. pls look at your history. You have the background

thx

Indeed I have and you have never confirmed WHY your income dropped so suddenly - and the court will wish to know.
however I can confirm that the court can backdate the variation to the date that the Order was made if they consider it appropriate to do so.