13262538

hello, my wife and i are currently separated pending divorce,

hello, my wife and i are currently separated pending divorce, we are being very adult about it all as we have 2 children 10yo and 8yo and we want to be as amicable as possible, at this stage, we intend to go to mediation to sort some things out. Can you tell me can we have a mutual agreement on seeing the children jointly without any award of court i.e being awarded the children? if its mutual that the children are shared as andwhenand agreed through mediation then would any maintenence payments Trough CSA be forced on one or the other parent.
Joseph
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
If the children spend more nights a week/month/year with one parent the the other parent is liable to pay child maintenance - but this can be paid at as agreed between you both - the CMS (new CSA) does not have to be involved at all.
If the time is shared equally between you the no child maintenance is payable.
Please ask if you need further details