Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

about 50 years my mom lived in a council house and about 40

Customer Question

about 50 years my mom lived in a council house and about 40 years ago my mom and her partner bought the house, with mom being entitled to the full council discount on the house. Moms name was on the mortgage and deeds but over time her partner (they never married) took her name off the mortgage and the deeds, the partner paid the mortgage but they were together for approx 46 years living together as man and wife, with mom contributing to the running of the house and contributed to other household expenses, and they had a child together. My mom passed away 18 months ago and moms partner has now rented the home out. Mom had 2 children from her first marriage and her 3rd child was with her partner. As mom left no will then the 3 children were her next of kin, do the children have any legal right to the family home that mom lived in ???
How much is the property worth and when was the house transferred into the partners name and why?