13262538

A female friend is the main bread winner of a household including

A female friend is the main bread winner of a household including two children. The father is closer to the children but the marriage is broken and the wife wants to move out, without the children, has offered to take nothing and continue to provide but the father has stated that he will refuse access to the children.
She is now trapped and thinks this is how it has to be....does she have any recourse given the father is closer to the children and if asked they will probably elect to stay with him ?
How old are the children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The children are 3 and 11 years old, both boys

HI
Who has actually dealt with the day to day care of the children until now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The fathers parents look after the 3 year old and the 11 year old is at school.

The mother has no family and works long hours at high level, the father has a rather menial job and is more flexible and has family to help.

Thank you for your help, I can see it's not just a canned answer :)

The law says that children are entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.
Parents are generally expected to agree how the children should share their time between them using Family mediation if necessary
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
If no agreement can be reached then an application can be made for a Child Arrangement Order - and the court will ensure that the children do indeed spend time with their mother
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details