13262538

my ex partner is still living in our jointly owned house. We

my ex partner is still living in our jointly owned house. We have no mortgage we have no children. I left in April 2013 he says he cant find a house he likes we have lost 3 buyers the most recent pulled out just before Christmas after waiting since May 2014 . I would like to know how I can get him out of the property ... can he be evicted from his own house ?

How much is the house worth and are you married?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My house is valued at £260,000 .... I have not been married to my ex partner but have lived together from June 2001 till April 2013 the house is jointly owned by us

In that case you can indeed use the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act to force a sale of the property.
Given his behaviour to date you can ask for an Order that he vacate the property and that you have the conduct of the sale
You can ask the Court to set the asking price - and if he refuses to sign the paperwork then the Court can do that as well
You can read more here
http://www.slatergordon.co.uk/media/2347003/land-disputes-a-guide-to-procedure.pdf
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Claire thanx for that ... do I have to have a buyer to push a forced sale ? the lady I showed around the yesterday wasn't prepared to make an offer as she has sold and her buyers don't want to wait around ... Once the forced sale is put into action what happens if he my ex partner wont move out , will I have to evict him and can you be evicted from a house you jointly own ?

You do not have to have a buyer to make the application - and yes the Court can Order that he leaves the property and this can be enforced