13262538

Good afternoon. I split from my husband last April and we are

Good afternoon. I split from my husband last April and we are currently in the process of sorting finances etc. We have both moved in to new relationships but he's told me he won't allow my new partner in the house while the children are in bed and I can only see him when I don't have the children. Can he stop me? Many thanks natalie.
Your ex has no right to make this kind of stipulation and no way of enforcing it.
Clearly if this is a relatively new relationship it would be better that the children did not see you in bed with your partner, but unless there is something that makes your a new partner a threat to the children then there is no restriction on when you may see him.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have the children 80% of the time so I find it hard to have a new relationship so my partner comes round when the children are asleep in bed. He has not yet met the children as the relationship is only 3months old but can my ex stop me from introducing my new partner to the kids.? I still live in the family home and my ex has no problem my new partner being there unless the kids are in . My new partner has no threat towards me or the children and my ex thinks he can throw him out if he catches him round when the children are there. Can he do this or do I have every right to make a decision? Many thanks natalie.
You are fully entitled to invite this man to visit you at home whether or not the children are there - and your ex has no right to make him leave if you are there as well.
If he does create a fuss this would allow you to apply for an Order excluding your ex from the house.
he cannot prevent you from introducing your new partner to the children when you consider it time to do so.