13262538

My daughter one Grace jointly bought a property. At that time

Customer Question

My daughter one Grace jointly bought a property. At that time Grace invited my daughter to join her because my daughter was in full employment. As my daughter did not have funds , they mutually agreed that My daughter would provide her credentials and Grace would pay the Down payment and once my daughter had funds , she would pay Grace her part of the down payment
Later , after about eight (8) months , my daughter got engaged to Grace's son and they got married. Now my daughter has seperated from Grace's son and living apart for about last two years.
Will my daughter's share of the property, in case of divorce be treated as matrimonial property or do my daughter has absolute right on her share of the property.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you.
Your daughters share of ether property does indeed form part of the Matrimonial Assets for consideration by the court.
However this does not mean that her husband is entitled to even half of her share as much depends on the length of the marriage and whether or not there are children involved, and the extent of the other assets involved.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details