13262538

Hi, We are in the process of buying a buy to let house and

We are in the process of buying a buy to let house and our mortgage providers are aldermoor and we assigned out solicitor who is registered and has dealt with our previous properties. however our financial advisor has said that aldermoor wil only accept a solicitor firm that has 4 partners and our solicitor only has 2. is this true??? we have 4 properties on BTL and have never come across this. please advise. thanks
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
Is it intended that the solicitor will act for both you and the mortgage advisor?
AJ
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Unfortunately the fact is that many second and third level mortgage lenders are indeed very restrictive in terms of the Solicitors who can be used
It is not necessary and not reasonable but of course they are able to make their own rules
The information you have been given is correct as you can read here
http://www.aldermore.co.uk/media/1726/lending-criteria-guide.pdf
Please ask if you need furtherd etails
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years