13262538

Hi, do you know what exceptional circumstances mean when

Customer Question

do you know what exceptional circumstances mean when taking a child out of school.
my wife mum lives in India and is quite ill so she has to go and visit which means my 6 six year old will go with her but that means we need to take him out of school for 5 days - she's going for 2 weeks but we will combine it with half term in February.
will that be allowable under the new rules ?
thanks
H
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am sorry but "quite ill" does not amount to exceptional circumstances and you can expect to be fined if you go ahead.
If she were actually close to death and you could prove that then it could be reasonably - provided you limited the trip so far as possible.
In this case it simply looks like a two week holiday
Please ask if you need further details