Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Please help - my 5 yr Old sono has never lived with his dad.

Customer Question

Please help - my 5 yr Old sono has never lived with his dad. He has my name (father has PR) father has just completed 6 sessions of anger management and now the case will be going back to court for father to have more and unsupervised contact. My son is fine abt seeing his father in a supervised contact centre, he feels safe and secure. On the order it states that 'neither party should slag off the other party and father should not discuss future contact plans with the child'. The trouble and worry I have is that the father has got personality problems, is not working now and has moved in with his parents (who have never bothered to meet my little boy). Last time in court he was told to behave as he has a very unstable temper, and he is convinced I have got married ! I don't even have a boy friend after all this, but he wants to take my son to his'home' for over night stay. My son doesn't want to go. How can I persuade the judge that this is not in my son' best interest. My child is showing stress symptoms eg soiling his pants, wetting his bed and waking in the night. Pls advise me. PS I have already got 3 non molestation orders.
What contact does the child have with his father at the moment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Two hours every fortnightly at a contact centre supported
Has an introduction to the grandparents been suggested?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes on the order the judge suggested they come up to London in the father's to see their grandchild - apparently when father has been asked why they don't come he says they are : Ieither ill or too old. They go off to Italy (they are Italian) for 4 months each year
How long has the current contact been ongoing?