13262538

Hi,My husband and I have been together 9 years and have a

My husband and I have been together 9 years and have a 3 year old son. We got married 2 years ago. We live in a rented housing association property which both of our names are ***** ***** my husband lived here before we got together. I have been a stay at home mum for 4 years so have no finances available to move out pay for bonds, furniture etc. We live in a nice area, which we decided to stay in to give our son the best upbringing (good school etc) My son goes to a local school and has lots of friends locally.
We have decided to separate and my husband says he isn't moving out but he wont give me anything to move out even though he had £60,000 saved.
Where do I stand legally please?
Would you prefer to stay where you are?
What income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I would like to stay here as its close to my sons school and friends.

I'm a full time mum and my husband is self employed, his tax return shows £15k profit.

Danielle

How has he accrued such large savings?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Through work over the last 10 years. He's had well paid full time jobs and a part time business so managed to save. Our expensives are low too.

How much would a cheaper two bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
£200,000
The priority for the family court is the housing needs of the child - and since you have been his sole carer until now that also means your housing needs.
Unless you are entitled to social housing then in the event that the matter goes to court it is likely that the court will transfer the tenancy to your sole name - and also give you 50% of the savings.
You should try and discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details