13262538

I have a court hearing next month Febuary 2nd regarding debt

Customer Question

I have a court hearing next month Febuary 2nd regarding debt back payments for child support abroad, i have not made any money from my business and i'm doing little part time work sometimes, i cant afford to pay anyone, what do i do to get a lawyer to help me in court?
Which country has the Order been made in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it was from Finland called KELA which deals with child support, there was a situation that i signed a non english document for payments, but situation got worst that i had to leave Finland and come back to England, this was in 1999, its been 15 years and now they want me to pay back what i don't have.

The Uk court cannot change your actual liability for the debt - only the Finnish Courts can do that.
However the Uk court can set the payment at a rate they believe that you can afford based on your income and expenditure
Sadly legal Aid is no longer available for this but you may find assistance from the Pro Bono unit here
http://www.lawworks.org.uk/
Please ask if you need further details