Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

there,I have had an informal shared custody arrangement

Customer Question

Hi there,
I have had an informal shared custody arrangement with my son aged 10 years.
My ex's new partner is pregnant and he wants to move to Maidenhead and put him in private school there.
He has gone to school in London all his life and my mother has picked him up and done the after school arrangements.
I do not want my child travelling 60 mile round trip to London for school and wrote a solicitor letter and he is now saying she wants parental care and o see him just every second weekend. And school holiday
Details my solicitor sent to me Dear *****,
I have just had this through by email from Matthew’s solicitor. You will see that in the long term, he is proposing that Louis should reside with him, his partner and Louis’ half sibling in Maidenhead and attend a fee paying school which he has identified. He believes that this would be in Louis best interests and offers alternate weekend contact for you and for extended periods during the school holidays.
Obviously I appreciate that this is not something that you are going to be prepared to agree to and in those circumstances, I I anticipate that it will be necessary for either yourself or Matthew to issue an application through the court to determine the issue of residence . It would appear that Matthew is now wishing to move away form the shared care arrangements that are currently in place and to have a residence order in his favour with provisions for you to have contact.
I am sorry to send this to you late in the day on a Friday but I know that you had been anxiously awaiting a response.
I have now got to leave the office but we can talk on Monday morning,
What my solicitor wrote
Please advise where I stand
Lisa
My name is ***** *****
How is the care of the child currently shared between you?