13262538

My wife and i are going through a difficult patch infact speaking

Customer Question

My wife and i are going through a difficult patch infact speaking of divorce we have a baby a month old what are the fathers rights as regards ***** ***** she stop him seeing him
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.
You and your wife need to discuss a pattern of contact which reflects the needs of this tiny baby - at present little and often would be best - building up over the months until you are having him for longer periods of time - and even overnight - however a 50/50 regime is not likely to be the best at this stage so that it is unrealistic to ask for it - contact is child centred not adult centred
You should discuss this using Family Mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co,.uk
You can read more here
theparentconnection.org.uk
Please ask if you need further details