13262538

Forced Marriage Protection Order

Customer Question

Forced Marriage Protection Order
How can we help you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been issued with a forced marriage protection order. My daugther is 15 years old and is in Pakistan with her mother and her brothers. My family is out there to attend the wedding of their brother. Someone has made a false allegation. My daughter is not being forced into marriage. What happens? The wedding of my son takes place on the 19th January. Can I cancel or revoke this Order.

When is your daughter due to return home?
Did you have permission to take her out of school?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my daughter is due back on 29th January. Yes i notified the school on 19th December and 5th January.

Did the school give permission for her to be out of school?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No school in the UK to my knowledge give permission. She went on the 27/12/14. But I did inform the school on 2 occassions. She is attending her brothers wedding. Can this order be cancelled or ammended? Thanks

Why do you need to revoke the Order?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

because its all lies. what can can i do to change or amend this order. These are false allegations. She is on holiday and is not being forced into marriage.

When she returns then she can apply for the Order to be revoked - she is even entitled to Legal Aid to do so.
As soon as she is back you can arrange to see a solicitor. they will wish to se her alone but once she has confirmed the position then the application to revoke the Order can be made
You do need to be aware that you will face a fine for removing from school without permission
Please ask if you need further details