Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I speared from my husband in 2009, got nisi April 2010 through

Customer Question

I speared from my husband in 2009, got nisi April 2010 through unreasonable behaviour by my husband. We met just after this and agreed not to go , we have remained in contact even met up on friendly terms to eat. He is an alcoholic and had so much time off work with"depression" that he took voulantery redundancy. When he left he had 100,000 in savings which he spent on alcohol and lap dancers who he believed loved him until he ran out of money. I have had a letter today from his solicitor, my husband request that I go and also settlement financially. The house I live in was purchased with my first husband who died in 1989 and deeds are still in my previous name. I also own a house that was signed over to me by my parents, on their death I spent at least 60k having improvements and my daughter partner and 4 children live in it I have savings of 78000 that was left to me by my mother,she past away 2 years after my husband left. Please how do I stand regarding the house my daughter lives in, I had already got the forms to transfer to her name, my house he never contributed a penny to and my inheritance from my mother that happened 2 years ago???

Thank you question.

What have they actually asked terms of settlement?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they want me to declare the value of my 2 properties that where both bought years before when I was married to my first late husband, and the other with my father, his council house which he put in my name 7 years later. they want to know my income, savings investments.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They haven't yet the want to know my savings/ investment s and two property values

How much are the two properties actually worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
180000 and 140000 no mortgage

Just to check - when did you inherit the second property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1995

Do you still have a copy o fthe agreement that he refused to sign, an (and i know this is probably difficult) what is your best guess on the values of the properties at the time of separation
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will look for copy but think it was just one that was sent to his solicitor.

My house when we splip around 150 the other one 60 very approx the other house would not have been worth much as when my mother had to go into nursing home i spent 80k having all repairs and new bathroom kitchen basicly had the house ripped out and started again