13262538

, my ex has requested a financial disclosure ( not full

Customer Question

, my ex has requested a financial disclosure ( not full one ) to draw a conclusion on how much of the equity of the house I was / am entitled too. We have sold the house and we are trying to settle equity. it was a 24 / 76 split and my solicitor believes I am entitled to 35 / 65, however she is disputing this as her solicitor has said that is not right. Can you confirm roughly how long this process is going to take? a week? 2 weeks? etc as I want this sorted as soon as possible and to get this sorted.

Thank you question.
and I will do my best to help you.
It is not unusual to be such a dispute - after all each solicitor will be looking at the best possible outcome respective clients and a settlement range between 25/75 and 35/65 is not an unusual negotiating position.
How long it will take will depend on how long it takes both to agree - or amount to be determined via a court application - so anywhere between two days and two years - depending at what point one of you decides to apply to the court
Please ask if you need further details