13262538

My partner and I have decided to go our separate ways, we have

Customer Question

My partner and I have decided to go our separate ways, we have a 4 year old son who we will share. We are under the same roof and the property is solely mine, she is making life unbearable and now says she is not moving out. I now intend moving her possessions out and changing the locks on all entrance doors, as this situation is getting worse am I within my rights to evict her ?

Thank you question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
On no account should you change the locks and try to evict her in this way as this will allow her to make an immediate application to the court Order allowing her to return to the property and forcing you to leave.
You will need to consider offering her a lump sum to help her with the deposit and first months rent on another property
You can then give her at least two months written notice to leave - at the end of that time you can change the locks IF agreement has been made on how the care of the child is shared between you
Please ask if you need further details