13262538

there...

Hi There, me and my husband got married back in 2010, I moved into his house with my daughter in 2009. We now have a daughter together who is 3. My name is ***** ***** any of the bills or the mortgage (as he said he has a interest only mortgage that dont exist enymore, and by putting my name on it, it will have to change the mortgage which we cant afford to do). I have opened up a joint account for all the bills to go out from but he still hasnt (and I think has no intention of) using it, so all the bills still go out of his account. I pay for all the childcare and food which totals to around £1200 a month, I know the mortgage is only £565 a month, so including all the bills we both probably pay out about the same.
I have also spent £25,000 on the house and have lent him £20,000 to help with his new business.
Last year we nearly seperated and he was more than happy to see me and the children in rented accommodation while he stayed here. Luckily we are getting on a bit better, but it has left me feeling insecure about finances and my rights to anything. He has been in relationship before where he lost alot of money so I think he is being fearful of the same happening again.
Please could you advise me as to what my rights would be to the money I have spent and to the house as I feel that by paying out as much as him in child care and food that we have in actual fact split the cost of living, although my name isnt on anything.
Many Thanks
Laila
My name is ***** *****
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare, thanks for getting back to me. Our income is quite difficult to work out. I have just finished my nursing degree and am about to start (in the next couple of weeks) as a nurse earning around £20,000. Nick has a few properties in England, two in Oxford, one in Manchester and one in Huddersfield, unfortunately I do not know the value of these nor the income they generate. He also has a recording studio which is a new business again I do not know exact figures. I know know however, that his accountant put his income as around £12,000 last year as most of the income was wirtten off as the new business (the studio) was loosing money for the first couple of year (it may well still be loosing).

The house we live in worth between 450,000 to 500,00 and has a mortgage of around 320,000.

Most of Nicks debts are to family and friends (not sure how much) And as far as I know he has around £20,000 in debts to the bank. I owe around £3600 in student credit card and overdraft.

Hope that helps

Many Thanks

Laila

How much are the other properties worth?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The one is Oxford is worth around £500,000 and would make a profit of about £100,000 if sold. I dont know how much the others are worth but has said that if they were sold he would make about £70,000 on each.

Hope that helps

Laila

In the event of a separation it is the housing needs of the children that have priority and given the extent of the other assets it is likely that you would receive the matrimonial home and he would keep his other properties
The fact that your name is ***** ***** the deeds is not relevant so far as the Family court is concerned!
The longer you are living together the larger your claim on all his assets grows!
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Oh no I didnt mean to rate bad service, not sure how I managed that. I was very satisfied with the service, the answer and the speed. Just so you know I have tried to rate this as excellent but always comes up as bad??????

Sorry

Laila

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Do not worry I shall get this sorted - I hope all goes well
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years