13262538

Can you tell me why my daughter, who left her mentally abusive

Customer Question

Can you tell me why my daughter, who left her mentally abusive husband and has now got a new flat of her own is being hounded by the csa for an amount of money that will mean she can not live on her own because to pay the money that they insist on she can no longer support herself and her oldest son who is at university.
How far has the divorce reached?
How old are the children and what i syour daughter's gross income?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It has not even started yet. The 2 children are 14 and 16. her gross income is £22500.

What income does her ex have, and how often do the children spend the night with her?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Her husband is working and claiming all the benefits. I do not know what his income is he is a carer. The children do not spend the night with her.

She does however have to supplement the accommodation and living expenses for their oldest son who is at university. She does this on her own.

I am afraid that Child Maintenance is not negotiable and is a set percentage of your daughter's gross income.
The only way that it will reduce is of the children spend more than 52 nights a year with her.
I am sorry - I know that this is not the news that you wanted but sadly it is not linked to any issues of fault or behaviour
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help.

I only wish the news was better