13262538

My wife and I are close to completing the financial aspects

My wife and I are close to completing the financial aspects of our divorce.
I have the kids 50:50 with her and she will receive 50% of my assets which will provide her £1.75m in assets and she will be able to purchase a home outright that will meet her needs where we live. In addition I will pay her for 9 years roughly £7,000 a month net... lot of money. I will fund that alimony from my salary. She's 42, I'm 49.
She's asking about being the beneficiary of my insurance policy until the kids become 18 (they are 10 and 12 now) in case anything should happen to me. Is this something normal in a divorce settlement. That I would make her the beneficiary or would I take out a new policy for her?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
It is not unusual for such a request to be made where maintenance is so high - and taking out a specialist policy woudl probably be a better choice for you
Please ask if you need further details