13262538

Partner wants to split and is insisting I complete a Parental

Partner wants to split and is insisting I complete a Parental Responsibility Agreement and take it to court with him, but my solicitor is on holiday. I think this should be part of our mediation but he won't stop asking. I need advice.
How old is the child and why does the father not have Parental Responsibility?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We are not married and my son's birth was registered before PR was given automatically [1.12.2003].

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We are not married and my son was born [10.07.2002] before PR started to be given automatically which was 1.12.2003.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We are not married and my son was born 10.7.02 before PR was given automatically - which was 1.12.2003.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry my screen was playing up I couldn't tell if I'd posted reply or not.

Just as a separate issue - is he actually named on the birth certificate?
When is the next mediation appointment?
Have the contact arrangements been agreed?
(and do not worry technology fools me as well)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He is on the birth certificate. We have no mediation dates yet. He seems to want to move out soon.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No contact arrangements have been made but, even though he works in a different town and travels a lot he says he wants 50/50 [co-parenting], his words.

Why does he feel this has to be dealt with before he leaves?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know, he tends to want to have everything his way and under his control, but he said this morning: "If I leave and take the children with me it will be a matter of safety, I will not be able to administer medicine, or authorise a Doctor to give treatment".

This is when I told him it is something we could deal with in mediation.

When is the first mediation session?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Previously said, we have no dates yet. Will be able to set up some soon I think.

Hi Mim
Is his threat to take the children realistic?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think he is trying to manipulate me and I wanted to know that it is an issue that can be sorted out after he moves out. I think we could arrange an interim contact schedule if he moves before mediation starts.

The children are 11 & 12 I think he'd have trouble trying to take them, they are terribly fair minded.

But there one previous time we separated for a short time; he locked me out of the house with the children, his sister and a friend inside, so I had to get the Police to tell him to let me in. Just after that he also literally screwed [with screws] up the back door because he couldn't find the key. He's already taken £21,000 out of our mortgage reserve just over a week ago so he is unpredictable.

The parental Responsibility agreement is an issue that can be dealt with at a later date.
It certainly is something that you will need to address at some point - certainly if he wishes to take them abroad - but in the short term if there was an emergency then your son is of an age to consent to medical treatment - and if he is not conscious then you can be called
he is trying to manipulate you and you do not need to give way.
Please be very careful - and make sure the children have methods of contacting you in the event that their father decides to simply remove them form school
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years