Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Can I apply aid. In march 2012 I was awarded legal

Customer Question

Can I apply aid. In march 2012 I was awarded legal aid but not proceed as the other party tricked me and said he would settle away from solictor. However since then the law changed and I have been in a legal battle from 2014 . I was in an abusive relationship with the other party with my evidence within the time of pregnancy and just after his birth..and going through the court is the only way to stay protected. However after a 6 month indirect contact being ordered Aug 2014 I have had time away from the abusive behaviour and being to admit what went on ..especially since im feeling stronger now. Its not un common to have this delay since i was coping with ill health..a baby that was also ill and single.Can u still be entitled to legal aid. My son is 2 yrs and I'm a full resident parent with sole parental responsibility as the courts not have awarded the other party this right due to his behaviour

Thank you question.

What do you need legal aid to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

pay solictor costs

What is the current issue before the court?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Child access

Has there ver been a conviction or other police involvement in the Domestic Violence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No..he's not been granted access as yet as he's not been fully in the child's life ..but been a greasiness to in the presence of a child

Are you using a solicitor at the moment and when is the next hearing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I am and next gearing is next month

Have you discussed Legal Aid with your solicitor