How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34283
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

If I am the legal guardian of my son, because his Mother agreed

Resolved Question:

If I am the legal guardian of my son, because his Mother agreed to this in Court when she decided to leave the family home, am I legally allowed to ask him to leave my home because of his intolerable behaviour? He is 17, but will be 18 next month, and still in full time education.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.

Thank you question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Yes you can ask him to leave - but you will remain financially responsible until he finishes secondary education
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Does that mean I have to provide him with accommodation separate from my own?

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.

No - it means that if he goes to live with some one they can claim child maintenance from you