Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

, My husband and I split up in November 2013 after being

Customer Question

,
My husband and I split up in November 2013 after being married years? My 15 year old son lives with me in rented accommodation. We do not have any assets apart from the pension that my husband has said I am "not getting any of it."
I don't receive any maintenance payments from my husband.....he declares he does not earn enough income to support his son. As he is self employed he can apparently declare he doesn't earn enough.
I gave up work after the birth of my son at the request of my husband as he was earning a good income working away during the week, returning weekend.
He will not apply divorce and has told me if I want one then I will have to sort that out myself.
I am his second wife and I have found out that he did exactly the same to his first wife! She had to chase him around the world to sign divorce papers as he went travelling when the divorce was in progress.
He is a member of the Free Mason Fraternity which I believe he is receiving advice from on how to prepare himself in case of any demand from me on his pension. He is 53 now and I know that one of his pensions is due to mature when he is 55.
I am 51 and working part time only because of a deterioration in my health. I do not want to give up work permanently.
I do need some help with this situation.......my income is not enough to cover expensive court costs and my husband knows that.
Is there any advice you can give me before the pension rules change in April 2015 (my friend has urged me to seek advice before it is too late.)
Michelle Ritchie.

Thank you question.

Who owned the matrimonial home?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We sold the home in 2005 before we went to live in Spain. I requested that the little profit that was made was divided equally and paid into our own separate bank accounts after paying off debt that was owed.
At first , the amount was paid into a joint account but at a later date it was divided equally into our own accounts.
We did not buy another property after that and continued renting while in Spain and then when we returned to the UK.

How much has he been earning in the last few years