Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

I am divorced and have minimal contact with my family. Can

Customer Question

I am divorced and have minimal contact with my family. Can I stipulate in my will that my partner does NOT inform my family if I die?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question.
Yes, you can make such a request in your will in the same way you can request whether to be buried or cremated or choose music funeral. Your executors are under a duty to try to ensure that as far as is reasonable your wishes are followed.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you prompt answer. I have read some disturbing reviews where people have said they have continued to be charged. I trust this will not happen ?

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
I am an expert on this site and am not wholly familiar with the customer side of it but as I understand it you either pay on a case by case basis or you sign up subscription which gives you unlimited access to the experts so it depends how you have signed up.