13262538

, my relationship recently broke down and I have some questions

, my relationship recently broke down and I have some questions regarding joint property such as furniture. My ex created a list of the things he wanted and didn't want, so I sent the list back to him with mine also listed. I did not ask that he indicated he wanted. I asked him to confirm he was happy, however he has no refused to have any discussions with me and will not agree to discuss any of it. He sent a text saying take what you want. I am moving out of our property which is up this week and I don't know what the situation is with what I can take.
The cost is roughly the same between us according to the original list. Can I take these things from the house? I guess I'm asking if I take approximately half the value of our joint purchases even though there has been no official agreement what are the implications if any? It is very difficult when he refuses to respond.

Thank you question.

- were all the items purchased with joint funds - if not is there a balance of items he is keeping that you paid items he paid youwish to take?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the items were bought jointly. I calculate the value to be approximately the same between each of us regarding what I want to take and leave.

He refuses to respond but sent me a text saying take what you like. It's difficult to know legally what this means.

It means that you are entitled to take the items by way of sharing the joint assets.
there is no reason why you shoudl not do so - but do keep copies of the lists (and the texts) so that if your ex causes problems in the future you can prove that it was agreed by default
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** another question about joint spending.

We had a joint bank account and we both paid our mortgage and Bill shares according to a deed of trust we had set up. We each put extra into the bank each month on top. However my ex put more money into the account, it was actually an error on his side and because he earnt more than me. The extra money we both put into the bank was spent on things like food, pub visits and takeaways.

My ex now tells me that I owe the difference of what he put in extra in money to him and is calling me a thief.

My understanding is that this was agreed joint spending, which we were both aware of and agreed to. I am wrong?

No you are correct - he is just bullying you