13262538

I am living in our family home and we are paying the joint

Customer Question

I am living in our family home and we are paying the joint mortgage in joint names. We are separating and my wife wants to take my name off the joint bank account where the mortgage is paid. I will continue to pay the same amount of money into the account until we have finalised things ie financial and children. Will there be any implications in allowing my name to come off the joint account

Thank you question.

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How old are the children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The house is worth £170,000 and there is a balance of around £65000 owing. I have two step daughters 16 and 13 and a son who is 6.

What income do you each have and how much do you pay into the joint account?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My wife has only just gone back to work as a self employed hairdresser so her income is not known.she has £600 per month maintenance two girls, tax credits £238 per week, and I pay £150 a week into the joint account. The family allowance goes into separate account. Not sure how much it is.

How much do you earn - gross?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am self employed and my annual earnings year were £14000 pa

The major issue is that you will be paying a substantial sum into an account over which you have no control.
The payment you are making is well in excess of the 12% of your gross income that you have to pay as child Maintenance
I appreciate why you wish to pay this - BUT it would seem fairer account to remain joint while you are paying this amount - however that is a personal choice to make
Please ask if you need further details