13262538

How quickly can child access being organised legally during

How quickly can child access being organised legally during the ending of a marriage?

Thank you question.

How old is the child and how far apart are the parents on how the care should be shared
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The parents are married and the husband wants to end their relationship. There are two children aged 3 and 18 months. The mother has stated that if he leaves she will do everything she can to keep the children away from him. He is a very involved Father and does a great deal children. Is a parental responsibility order the right next step ?
Jamie

In fact he already has Parental Responsibility children by virtue of being name don their birth certificates
This means that he has the right to be consulted on all major issue sin their lives.
In addition the law says that children should have contact with both parents - and the courts will enforce this if necessary
The starting point is matter to be discussed using Family mediation to see if an agreement can be reached
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
If that fails then it may be necessary to apply to the court Child Arrangement Order setting out what time he spends with the children
The Court application will take between one and three months on average
Please ask if you need further details