13262538

My partner is worried that he has no rights with his kids because

Customer Question

My partner is worried that he has no rights with his kids because he signed mother to have custody of the kids / to have everything.

Thank you question.

How old are the children and was he married to the mother?
What contact does he have with the children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

6 and 9 now. They have been divorced nearly 3 years. He has them tues after school they sleep over and he then takes them to school the next day. And he has them every other sat to sun night.

What are his concerns about the position regarding the children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She won't let him see them if he's with me. How much she wants from him when he has us to take care of. And she won't let us take the kids abroad if I'm with him.

Your partner has Parental responsibility children and will do so until they are 18 - the only way he could lose it is if they were adopted
He ha the right to be consulted on all major issues in their lives such as health and Education and to speak to teachers and doctors whether or not his ex wishes him to do so
In addition the law says that children are entitled to regular time with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary
Your partner has Parental Responsibility children and the right to introduce them to whomsoever he wishes - provided they are not at any risk.
There is no reason why you should not meet his children again (assuming that you have been back together than a few weeks) and if his ex does try and stop the children seeing their father then your partner can obtain an enforceable court order - which can include overseas trips
The amount that he has to pay in child maintenance is set out here
http://www.nacsa.co.uk/index.php/cs3-calculations
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details