Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I'm trying to get a mortgage but lenders won't consider the

Customer Question

I'm trying to get a mortgage but lenders won't consider the child maintenance I receive from my son's father unless it's via a "Court Order". Can you apply for a Court Order even though there is no disagreement between the parties?
For clarity - your ex is paying voluntarily and not via the CMS?
How far have the full financial discussions reached so far?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes we came to agreement amongst ourselves, although we do have a "deed of separation" that was drawn up at the time. No involvement of any third parties, the CMS or otherwise. Financial discussions in terms of Chris and I are done, everything is agreed and has been for many years we're just getting the divorce sorted now. There's no issue with any of it, other than that lenders won't consider the money he pays monthly unless it's by court order.

How far have the divorce proceedings reached?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Don't worry Clare, I've misunderstood the process. My solicitor has explained today that the financial stuff she's doing is in effect a "court order" so I needn't have used this site really. My fault for being an impatient dope. Thanks anyway!
No worries - I suspected that in fact it was covered!