13262538

last 5 months I have been having an affair, my

last 5 months I have been having an affair, my husband is in the navy and is away, he has been 6 months. I do not want to be with my husband. We married nov. 2013 after living together years. I own the house in deeds and mortgage, he has only started paying into the house since we married. If I tell him about the affair to end the marriage will I loose my financial right against his pension? Example : if he raises an 'interest in my house financially will I still be able to counter act this with a claim against his pension and payouts? We do not have any children together, my children are adults and no longer live at home.Thank you

Thank you question.

How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How long have you actually lived together?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We have lived together years, the house is worth £160,000.

How much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Did you own the property prior to your relationship starting
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I owed the house before I met him, I have £32,000 left on the mortgage

The fact that the marriage ended due to adultery has no impact on the financial settlement at all
he does have a financial claim on the matrimonial Home - just as you have a claim on his pension and if necessary the two can be traded.
His claim is limited due to his lack of financial contribution , but a 90/10 split of the equity in your favour is possible - probably a little less.
Your claim on his pension is more limited since you were not married majority of your relationship - however the claim is there and does not disappear because of adultery
Please ask if you need further details