13262538

My father has not seen me or contributed to my upbringing in

My father has not seen me or contributed to my upbringing in any way, including financially, since I was 1 years old. I am now 22. What are my rights?

Thank you question.

Is he married?
What exactly do you wish to know?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Clare,
I am enquiring as I am curious as to whether I am owed any financial compensation from him and if so, how I would go about it.
He is not currently married as far as I am aware. He was married to my mother when I was born but they divorced when I was one years old. He kept the house (which my mother had paid most of) and she did not persue him share of the property or child support (financial or otherwise) as he was violent towards her and she wanted to detach herself quickly.
Many thanks help,
Emily
Emily
I am afraid that you jabd no claim on your father at all and he owes you no financial compensation.
However in the event that he dies without making a Will then you will have a claim on his estate under the Intestacy laws
How much you might receive will depend on whether or not he is married at the time of his death and whether or not he has any other children.
I am sorry to give you disappointing news - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So even though he has not provided at all throughout my upbringing, I am owed absolutely nothing from him?
Many thanks,
Emily

Unfortunately no not a penny