Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

there I have a question regarding varying a consent order.

Customer Question

there
I have a question regarding varying a consent order. The facts are as follows:
My husband was previously married years and got the Decree Absolute in Sept 2013.
He has 2 sons, now age 10 and 6, and was ordered to pay child maintenance and spousal maintenance, as his ex wife had given up work when the eldest son was 2.
Ex wife returned to work full time in March 2014.
Spousal maintenance was payable years should taper after 3 - it was not written into the order how the tapering would work.
We got married six months ago, in case that is relevant.
My husband wants to go to court to stop or reduce the spousal maintenance now that his ex is working.
Do you think that he will succeed in reducing or stopping the spousal maintenance?
Thank you very much help.

Thank you question.

What is the exact wording of the order regarding spouse maintenance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there

I don't have it here, as I am at work, but I can answer your question properly when I get home. Would that be OK?

That is fine - add it when you can