13262538

, i have a question about child maintance, from my first

Customer Question

hello, i have a question about child maintance, from my first relationship i have two kids and ive allways gave money to my ex for the kids and now one of them is living with me, by law do i still have to carry on paying my ex for the other child?
How old are the children and how much is your gross income?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the one living with my ex is 11 and the one who lives with me is 17, and from my job i get paid an average of 1700 a month? not sure of what you mean by gross income?

Sorry - what do you earn before tax and insurance?
How much does your ex earn?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

around £2000 a month and im not sure how much she earns, all i know is that she gets single mothers benefits.... just thought to add i have two more kids in my new relationship and ive a gurdian to my brothers two kids too...

I am afraid that you do still have to pay child maintenance for the child still living with your ex with the rate being 12% of 81% of your gross income - £194 a month.
Your ex will have to pay maintenance for the child living with you - assuming that he is in full time secondary education
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is them 12% for one kid...? If both wud be with mi ex that wud be 24%...? And what about child benefit , becouse she still reseeving it ?

No it is 12% for one,16% for two and 19% for three or more.
You can apply to receive the Child Benefit for the child who lives with you