Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

does an adult child have a legal right to live in the house

does an adult child have a legal right to live in the house of the parents? Or, conversely, do the parents have the legal right to evict an adult child from the matrimonial home?
An adult child has no right of occupancy and the parents can throw the child out of the home at any time.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
HiPlease be aware that in fact you cannot just throw them out.Under Family law in England and Wales you would need to give "reasonable written notice" - at least two weeks is wiseOtherwise the adult child can apply for an order allowing them to return to the property for a periodClareClare