13262538

I have separated from my husband years now. I want a

Customer Question

I have separated from my husband for 3 years now. I want a divorce but he wouldn't give me his address and hiding away from me. How do I get divorce?
What do you actually know about where he lives?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Thanks for your kind respond. I really don't know where he lives. When I received the divorce documents he requested from court, the address was only down the road where we lived before he disappear. That address was a couple he met in the bar and stayed short period of time. He was drunken and abusive through out our short marriage. Everything he told me was lie. He used to live on a cannel boat he rented from his friend before we met on dating site. After he washed out all my saving then disappeared. He sent me an email and photos about a year or half ago shows off he now lives on his own boat and moving around to different places. I don't know about his past but it seams he never wants anyone to be able to trace him down. I've never met his family whatever he told me was lie anyway. He doesn't want to finish the divorce he said he doesn't have money to pay to the court. I reply I would pay for it but he never get back to me and completely disappear. We have separated more than 3 years now, whatever he took from me it doesn't matter what happen has happened. I just want to finish any possibility of connection with this horrible man asap and start my own life.

I am saving want to buy my own little flat to shelter myself as I am now sharing a room from my friend. I need to know will he has a legal share of my property in the future if I finally be able to buy a small place? He has taken everything away from me and I really don't want this happen again! Live in this country alone I wish I knew this website long ago so I don't need to go through so much horrible things alone with no one to ask, no one to help in the past 3 years.

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Best regards

Halima

Hi Halima
Where was he the last time you did know - and where does his income come from?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He was working for a company called Kenham building company based in Kensington as carbinat maker. After that he just disappeared. He wouldn't let me know.

You need to make every effort to trace your ex - using an enquiry agent (private detective) if need be.
If you get his address then you can go ahead with a Petition based on Unreasonable Behaviour - it would be sensible to get the Enquiry Agent to also serve the papers on him.
If you do not find him then you still issue the Divorce petition - but you will need to ask the court to dispense with service of the paperwork on him
The form you need is here
http://www.jordanpublishing.co.uk/system/uploads/attachments/0002/0951/D13B.pdf
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

do you have any reliable enquiry agent contact? How much it cost roughly? Or can I just go ahead asking court to dispense with the service of the paperwork on him?

many thanks.

halima

You have to try and enquiry agent first.
Yell.com should have details of thise local to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Clare,

could you please kindly give me a proper name what you mean by "enquiry agent" because when I key in "enquiry agent" on yell.com it shows estate agency. I've never had this kind of research before, also non of my friends has ever needed this kind of service, I have no where to ask, please kindly advice. Thank you!

best regards

halima

I am sorry - try "private detective"
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Clare,

I am now request a private agent to find my husband's address.

What if he doesn't respond when he received the divorce document from court? Or if he actually puts his address in one place and he live in another, he is this kind of person!

Thank you very much.

Halima

Once the enquiry agent gives you the address then issues the Petition and ask the Court to send you the papers for service.
An agent will charge about £90 to put the papers in his hand and give you a statement for the court - then you can just go ahead even if your ex ignores it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Clare,

The agent I found is going to charge me £250 to. find my husband's address. Then another £90 to put the paper together and give me the

statment for court, is that correct?

Best regards

Halima