13262538

i have overnight contact with my child every other saturday.

Customer Question

i have overnight contact with my child every other saturday. last saturday was my contact time. i decided to go out with my friends to celebrate some good news. i live with my mother and she agreed to look after my child. when i was out i saw my ex partner the mother of my child. she started shouting at me saying that i should be at home looking after my child. eventually the secutrity at the club threw her out. She is threatening to stop me seeing my child. This happens every time i go out whether its my weekend for contavty or not. I have a contact order for my child. My ex partner has another child with someone else who is younger than my child, i don't know who was looking after that child. can i take out some sort of order to stop her harassing me and can she stop me seeing my child
How old is the child and how long were you out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the child is six in May, I had put him to bed. I was out for 4 hours

My apologies - I should have asked - is there a Court Order in place regarding contact?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, there are certain days and time specified and it also states additional contact that is agreed by the parents

Then you have no need to worry - you have acted entirely correctly and are entitled to go out if proper arrangements have been made.
If your ex tries to disrupt the contact then you can apply to enforce the Order - and the fact that you went out will not be a problem.
With regard to the harassment of you - the next time that she verbally abuses you in public then call the Police and ask them to give her an harassment warning
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can i ask another question?

I have acourt order for contact with my child, I am going away to play football in an international competional representing my country.

can i arrange for my mum to continue with my contact while away or can my ex partner cancel it while i am not here.

i will be away for two weeks

How many contacts will you miss?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
3
It is not unreasonable for you to ask that he sees your mother - but I am afraid that you cannot insist upon it