13262538

I have a family court order contact with a contact

Customer Question

I have a family court order for child contact with a contact warning notice attached my child is unwell do I still have to hand over?
How old is the child and what is wrong?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2year and 11 months - very bad head cold and temperature and generally lethargic too had to be collected early from nursery today and has slept most of the day I rang gP and they asked me to bring her in tomorrow I notified ex partner and he sent nasty email back demanded to have her as per court order
What contact is her father meant to have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All day tomorrow from 8.30am in morning plus overnight stay and to drop to nursery for Thursday morning - I have suggested she shouldn't stay overnight and go to nursery in thurs where he drops her and also that waking her that early tomorrow is too straining on her
Much depends on what the doctor says
Certainly you should take her to the doctor in the morning - and could arrange to meet your ex there.
If she is not well enough to go to nursery then she will need to sleep in on Thursday and you should offer him the choice of having her for a few hours and bringing her back at bedtime
He is her father and does have parental responsibility so is entitled to care for her when she i sill as well.
Whether he will wish to repeat the experience is less clear
Please ask if you need further details