13262538

, Would like to know if I am entitled to half what my

Customer Question

Hi, Would like to know if I am entitled to half what my husband owns (I have 2 kids but no property) - he got his inheritance and owns 3rd part of his mum`s house (she she currently lives). We are seperated for years but not divorced. Thank you. Les

P.S. Any chance if its possible to check credit history/finances available like shares etc. of the particular person?

Clare :

Hi Thank you for your question.

Clare :

Clare :

Clare :

How long were you living together and when did you separate

Clare :

Are there any children involved?

Clare :

Sorry that should be how old are the children

Clare :

When did he receive his share of the house and where do you each currently live

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Thank you for your reply.

I try to answer your questions.

We married in February 2007. Seperated about 5 years ago. It was in and out mostly as at the beginning we tried to improve our relationships. Currently he lives with his mum and me in private rented house. Have 2 children, a girl 7yo and a boy 6yo.

His mum sold the house about 1.5-2y ago and he received 35k which were in the trust as far as I know. He also owns the 3rd part of the house where his mum lives (he own all house but as soon as we married the house went to 3 parts - his parents (dad died 6years ago), his sister and him. The total value f the house 300k.

I hope it will help. Please, do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Les

How much does a cheaper three bedroom property in the same school area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They libe in the center of Ely Cambridgeshire, 4bed house. Ely 150-200k I guess (villages cheaper).

My apologies - I was asking how much YOU would need to purchase a house
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Around 200k. The cheapest was 150k. I check prices on rightmove.

Les

HI
Does he work and pay child maintenance - if so how much does he earn?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, 30k per year

Does he pay child maintenance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, he does

Usually where money has been inherited the family court does not expect a spouse to share it - BUT That does not apply where there are no other assets that can be divided between you
On that basis your ex is likely to be ordered to pay you a lump sum although it is unlikely to be a full half of his capital assets.
However this is a matter that can be negotiated with your ex using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
Please ask if you need further details