13262538

MY SON JAYSON WAS IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH LAUREN 2 YEARS AGO,

Customer Question

MY SON JAYSON WAS IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH LAUREN 2 YEARS AGO, THEY HAD A CHILD(MY GRANDAUGHTER MIA) WHO IS 3 IN AUGUST.
THEY HAD NOT BEEN TOGETHER VERY LONG WHEN SHE FELL PREGNANT, SHE WAS VERY POORLY IN HER PREGNANCY JAYSON ADORED HER AND WENT TO WORK AND THEN CAME HOME AND LOOKED AFTER HER, HE LOVED GOING TO THE SCANS AND WAS SO EXCITED TO BE A FAMILY, THEY GOT A HOUSE TOGETHER THROUGH LAURENS PARENTS THEY BOUGHT IT FOR THEM TO RENT AS AN INVESTMENT FOR THEM ASWELL.
MIA WAS BORN AND WE WERE ALL SO HAPPY,AFTER A FEW MONTHS JAYSON WENT ON A SKI TRIP WITH LAURENS FATHER AND BROTHER FOR A WEEK, AND WHEN JAYSON RETURNED HE FOUN LAUREN HAD BEEN SEEING HER X BOYFRIEND AND SHE NO LONGER WATED JAYSON, WELL HE WAS SUISIDAL, WE COULD DO NOTHING BUT HELP HIM THROUGH HIS SADNESS, HE RENTED A HOUSE ROUND THE CORNER FROM LAUREN SO HE COULD SEE MIA EVERY DAY AND HE DID AT FIRST, IF HE WASNT AT WORK HE WOULD HAVE MIA, BY THE WAY HE IS A FANTASTIC FATHER HE STARTED TO GO DOWN HIL, PHONING ME CRYING AND HE STARTED GOING OUT AFTER A WHILE TO TRY AND MAKE A LIFE FOR HIMSELF, THIS IS WHEN IT ALL STARTED WHEN JAYSON MET A GIRL LAUREN WOULD STOP HIM SEEING MIA AND HE HAD TO PROMISS TO HAVE NO ONE ROUND WHEN HE HAD MIA AT HIS HOUSE, WELL NOW THEY HAVE STARTED STALKING HIM IN THE CAR PARK OUTSIDE HIS HOUSE.
hE HAS MET A LOVELY GIRL AND HAS BEEN SEEING HER SINCE LAST MAY AND THE OTHER DAY HE HAD MIA OVER NIGHT AND WHEN HE PUT MIA TO BED HIS GIRLFRIEND CAME ROUND AND SHE SLEPT ON THE SETEE AND LEFT FOR WORK AT 7 AM IN A TAXI, WHO SHOULD BE SAT WAITING IN THE CAR PARK BUT LAURENS MOTHER SHE FOLLOWED JAYSONS GIRLFRIEND CAUGHT UP WITH HER IN THE CAR AND JUST SMILED .WELL NOW JAYSON IS NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE MIA AT HIS HOUSE.
JAYSON IS 26 A BRILLIANT DAD HE PAYS WITH MIA STICKS TO A ROUTINE CUDDLES HER ALL THE TIME AND LOVES HER AND THEY ALL KNOW THAT.
SO I WANT TO KNOW CAN THEY KEEP STOPPING JAYSON FROM HAVING MIA BECAUSE HE HAS A GIRLFRIEND.
ONCE LAUREN SAW A GIRLS CARDIGAN ON JAYSON SETEE AND IT BELONGED TO FRIEND WHO HAD CALLED FOR A COFFEE AND DREW A PICTURE WITH MIA SHE WENT MAD AND STOPPED HIM FROM SEEING MIA FOR TWO WEEKS.
IT HAS EFFECTED JAYSON SO BADLY HE HAS LOST HIS JOB HE HAS NOT BEEN OUT OF WORK SINCE HE WAS 16.
THEY ARE CONTROLLING SO BAD THEY WATCH HIM ON FACE BOOK AND ALSORTS.HE IS A LOVELY BOY WHO HAS HAD HIS LIFE TURNED UPSIDE DOWN.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this of necessary
The fact that your son has a new partner is NOT a reason for disrupting contact unless there is something about his girlfriend that places the child at risk.
Your son should try and discuss matters with his ex using Family mediation to agree a pattern of shared care which can be turned into an enforceable court order
If the mediation breaks down then your son can apply to the court - he will get an order reinstating the current contact - and possibly achieving more - alternate weekends one night in the week and half of the school holidays is not unusual
Please ask if you need further details