Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My son lives in Northern Ireland and is separated from his

Customer Question

My son lives in Northern Ireland and is separated from his wife and three children. He is applying for legal aid to be able to see his children as his ex denies him access. He voluntarily paid her £70 pwk without any hesitation . Ex decided to go to CSA for more money . He pays £89 by DD arranged by CSA every MONDAY and has never missed ..... For the last two weeks CSA without notice have taken £118 from his wages . He is a postman so would know if he had received any letters ... He has found this very stressful as after paying for his housing and all his bills he is left with £10 for food and as he is an insulin dependant diabetic this not a yes . When he has phoned CSA he is transferred all over the place and can't get answers apart from his problems are not theirs . I cannot believe someone who works really hard and gets £400 pwk before deductions can be treated like this...
How much do the CSA say the arrears are?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi ... There are no arreArs
Has he done overtime lately - has ANY explanation been given for the increase?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare ..... He hasn't done any overtime for a long time as he has applied for legal aid to be able to see his children and has to show on his bank statements that he isn't over his limit ... Which he was the first time by a £1 a week !!!! And as I explained in my question he has had no explanation and is paranoid about not paying .the ex money goes out every morning but he has been told by people who know them both that she tells everyone that he doesn't give her any money ... But as he says his bank statements prove that he does ... It really is a worry for him ...
The CSA have a bad reputation for a reason.
Can you confirm what his cumulative gross income has been for the last six months - or just the cumulative figure for the year to date from his payslip if that is easier!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare ... Sorry to keep you waiting but was waiting to hear from my son nick and he is at work ......the figure for the year is £20,132,20 .
He says he has had calls over the weeks from DSD CMA CSA all saying that they had to put his money up and when he asked why they said he would have to speak to someone else and cut him off . Last night he phoned C S A help line who kept telling him he would have to go through security and then he was cut off ....... By which time he told me he had to eat and have his insulin and go to bed as he gets up at 5 in the morning as he is a postman .....
Is that year to date?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi ...... Yes it is
Ty
Well it doesn't matter how I do the calculations it still makes no sense
But - what was the time period between the CSA contacting him and taking the first payment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare ..... I have just come home from work ..sorry to be so long and I appreciate your time ...... Nick says that they haven't spoken to him since last year and just helped themselves to his money
Does he remember how long it was between the first contact and the first payment?