13262538

My wife and I separated 2 years ago, I still live in the marital

My wife and I separated 2 years ago, I still live in the marital home, Iam 67 and my wife is 49. We have two grown up children, who do not live with me. I have a medical condition known as bi-polar. I am also retired and in reciept of state pension plus pension credit. The house is mortgage free, can my wife force me to sell my home?
How much is the property worth and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not know what my wifes income is. I receive £594 per month State pension inclusive of pension credit. The last valuation for the house was about 4 months ago and the valuation was £260,000.

John

How much does a one bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?
How much did your ex earn when you last lived together?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A one bedroom property would be approx 140,000. I think my wifes salary was £ 22400. per annum when we were together.

I am afraid that within the Divorce Proceedings your wife can indeed apply for an Order for the Sale of the Property and it is likely to be granted.
You may receive a larger share of the equity to ensure that you have sufficient funds to purchase another property.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details