13262538

My name is***** am a grand mother who has been raising

My name is***** am a grand mother who has been raising our grand daughter since she was born as my daughter was unable to cope with raising her child. Our granddaughter is now 6 years old, can you please advise- I have the original birth certificate without the fathers name on.
Unfortunately a few years ago my daughter reluctantly went to the registry office with the father and added his name to the birth certificate without our knowledge, the father now has this birth certificate and we still have the original certificate. Mother and father are not together, is the original certificate still valid? as we were not aware that they were going to do this. I have been told no names can be changed or added without us all agreeing to this.
Please advise us
Thankyou
Sent from my iPad
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that your daughter did not need your agreement to re-register the child with the biological father and accordingly the father now also has Parental Responsibility for the child
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thankyou for your reply can I just ask then why it says on the residence order no names can be changed unless all parties are in agreement
Thankyou
HI
The name that the Child is known by cannot be changed unless as you say you all agree - but they were nonetheless entitled to re-register the birth
Ckare